2020-2021 TOC Chair- Trina Pettty
July 1, 2020
Dear TOC Registrants and Friends,
The beginning of 2020 has truly been a strange year for all of us! The worldwide pandemic thrust us into a world of virtual interactions as we adjusted to keeping ourselves and loved ones safe from the corona virus. As we were processing the thought of face masks and social distancing being a part of our daily lives, the tragic deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd added additional stress and uncertainty to our current world events. We know this because we, the TOC Executive Board, felt it also as we continue to see and hear of these terrible countless acts of violence. We value each other! Diversity and inclusion are core to our TOC mission and values.
Though we have not seen your smiling faces for months and could not stand together in person, TOC felt we were together in spirit – with a renewed sense that this community is committed to knowledge sharing, learning, development, and sometimes just a listening ear. We continue to stand together as a community leading one another into the 2020-2021 program year.
We missed seeing you each month, but hope you enjoyed connecting with us during the monthly webinars and our monthly newsletter. Although our program year was cut short, we want to highlight a few noteworthy accomplishments:
- Seven in-person Professional Development Programs with dynamic presenters, including a Chief Learning Officer panel;
- Eleven webinars – two of which we connected with learning and development professionals internationally by partnering with Cornerstone to deliver;
- Eleven newsletters showcasing our programs/presenters, spotlighting registrants, and “Power of the Numbers”;
- Sixteen recorded TOC sessions posted on our website for you to view at your leisure;
- A “news from around the web” dedicated page where learning and development information continues;
- TOC Community page as a response to the growing outpouring of resources and support in the sudden pivot to a virtual environment; and
- Social media postings on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
As we embark upon our 82nd Program Year, we hope that you will join us. Registration is now open! This year’s programs will run from August 2020-June 2021. Our theme will remain unchanged: Workforce 2021: Igniting the Flame; Carrying the Torch.
This year, the TOC Executive Board has some exciting things in store for our registrants:
- Registration remains the same as last year: $1,595 for a full registration which includes the planned 2021 Annual Institute;
- Social networking events;
- Dynamic, engaged presenters;
- 2021 Annual Institute in Williamsburg, VA; and
- Webinars with current topics of interests.
TOC remains by far the best value for your dollar and continues to be committed to the Federal, private, and academic learning and development communities. Not knowing what’s on the horizon, we know that we may face some challenges. But we are forward-thinking and will be ready! We look forward to learning with you throughout the year and seeing you at our opening program on Tuesday, August 18, 2020, 11:30 am at the City Club of Washington.
Peace and Blessings,
2020-2021 TOC Chair