Join the TOC Team
The Training Officers Consortium (TOC) Executive Board and committees are comprised of active Federal employees and industry experts who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Serving on the TOC Executive Board is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about strengthening leadership and bringing communities together to better serve the Government and the public.
TOC is a fully volunteer non-profit organization. Our board and committee members give their time and expertise generously to bring our registrants a quality professional development program each year.
Commitment and Expectations
Board and Committee members must:
- Be willing to give approximately 10-15 hours a month of their time;
- Be familiar with the learning and development field in the Government;
- Be actively involved in TOC;
- Be actively involved in the training and development field; and
- Have the support of his/her organization/supervisor.
Board members are expected to:
- Serve a 3-year board term;
- Attend monthly board meetings. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and to come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Attend and actively support the Annual Institute.
- Serve as lead for one or more committees and to actively participate in committee work.
- Play an active role in securing the financial and professional resources necessary for TOC to achieve its mission. Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and connections to help solicit potential funders and presenters.
- Responsibly represent the Training Officers Consortium to their respective communities and to advocate for TOC’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
Committee members are expected to:
- serve a 1-year committee term;
- attend meetings as requested;
- actively participate in committee work.