- The Call for Keynote Speaker Proposals closed on Tuesday, December 20th, 2016.
- Decisions will be emailed to applicants on Friday, January 13th, 2017. Successful proposals will be:
– Interesting and different
– Defined with clear objectives
– Well-designed and well-written
– Relevant to the federal sector
– Consistent with the conference theme & ECQ’s
We are seeking speakers to deliver engaging and topical keynote presentations that speak to our theme, while addressing one or more of the five OPM Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ’s) and associated competencies. We are especially interested in exploring best practices in federal agencies. We invite you to submit a proposal to speak at the 2017 Training Officers Consortium (TOC) Annual Institute. This professional development conference will be held April 30th to May 3rd, 2017 at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, PA.
The theme of the 2017 TOC Annual Institute is “Talent Development – How Sweet It Is” with tracks in the following areas:
- Learning Measurement & Analytics • Leadership Development • Career Development • Learning Technologies • Training Design • Training Development
Important Information regarding Keynote Sessions:
- Attendance at past institutes has been approximately 150-200 people (75% federal training personnel / 25% external practitioners, vendors and academics).
- Keynote speaker should prepare to speak for 40 minutes plus engage in Q&A for up to 15 minutes thereafter.
If your proposal is accepted you will be required to:
- Agree not to market your products/services during the session.
- Cover your own travel expenses to the conference. Meals and hotel expenses are covered while at the conference.*
- Provide copies of any material to be distributed during the session, if desired.
- Allow TOC to publish some or all of your session’s content to the TOC website for marketing purposes.
* The hotel and meal costs for the presenter and one handler/assistant will be covered in most circumstances. The details of what is paid by the TOC Planning Committee, on the speaker’s behalf, will be provided once the slate of speakers is selected after January 13th, 2017.