2020-2021 Professional Development Program
Each year the Training Officers Consortium offers a series of professional development events. The 2020-2021 Program Year will be a completely virtual year of learning, development, and networking.
In addition to our already popular webinars, we are excited to introduce Symposiums and Roundtables to our Professional Development Program (PDP) this year. See below for a description of each event type and how you can register for them.
Our free one-hour webinars feature high-caliber presenters sharing their expertise on topics of interest.
Here are all the webinars we have to offer this year.
- August 19, 2020- Moving from Diversity and Inclusion to Equity and Belonging
- September 22, 2020- Virtual Vitality! Crowdsourcing for resilience
- November 24, 2020- Discovering Your Own Immunity to Change
- January 26, 2021- The State of Congress: Reflections for the Executive Branch
- March 23, 2021- Take Control by Cultivating Intentional Culture
- May 25, 2021- Hack Your Box for 2022 and Beyond!
- July 20, 2021- Writing Documents Under Pressure: Making It Easy
Cost: Free and open to all. Please share the link with others!
What is a PDP Symposium?
Our PDP Symposiums are new this year. Each 1.5 hour symposium will devote a majority of the program time to presentation from industry experts followed by an opportunity to deepen the learning of the topic through open discussion, break-out sessions, or activities.
Here are all the Symposiums we have to offer this year.
- November 10, 2020- Authentic Leadership in a Context of Crisis
- January 12, 2021- Cultivating Motivation and Engagement
- March 9, 2021- Loving and Laughing Your Way to Leadership
Cost: Included in 2020-2021 Registration;
Government (Local, State, Federal) $35 each; or $99 for all 3 Symposiums
Industry $99 each; or $250 for all 3 Symposiums
What is a PDP Roundtable?
This year we are trying something new to follow our goal to expand our
professional development opportunities and deepen the learning in this
virtual environment. A Professional Development Program (PDP): Roundtable
is a series of events which take place once a week for four weeks.
Roundtable events will be offered in the following months. The links will provide more details for each month’s topic.
- [CANCELED- Alternative option coming soon] October 2020- Moving from Diversity and Inclusion to Equity and Belonging
- February 2021- Creating a Coaching Culture
- August 2021- Learning Measurement
Cost: Included in 2020-2021 Registration; $150 for each Roundtable series; or $400 for all three
Week 1- Live Webinar
The first event in the series is a live, one-hour webinar led by subject matter experts to introduce the month’s topic.
Week 2- Practical Use
The second event in the series will provide information to implement what was learned in week one.
Week 3- Live Discussion
The third event in the series is a live panel discussion with selected experts to dive deeper into the topic.
Week 4- Bonus Content
The fourth event in the series will provide additional relevant content for reference.